Friday 1 April 2011

Butterfly easel



It was my elder sister's birthday in March and I wanted something a little bit different for her. You can never have too many butterflies so I thought I would try my hand at an easel card. I started off by designing a new butterfly which I have cut twice - the upper one is very pale pink card and the lower one is cut in silver mirri paper. I then designed a mat for him to sit on which I cut in pale peach with a pink underlayer. The "stand up" part of the easel is cut in pale peach with a pink underlayer and I have threaded peach ribbon through the ribbon slots. The flat part of the easel has a mat the same as the top part but without the ribbon slots. I have placed a scalloped lattice mat on top of this and have made a smaller mat with the words Happy Birthday stencil cut and lined with silver mirri paper. I was pleased with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment