This was my first attempt at a swing card, took me ages to work it out, but was reasonably happy with it in the end. I think it needs to be made with quite a substantial card - I used 250 gsm for this and 160 gsm for the lacy overlay but I did feel it was just a little unstable. As it was for a little girl's birthday I put the rose fairy in the centre. The template for the card and overlay are on the UKS site.
Monday, 17 September 2012
This was a bit of a labour of love! I was quite pleased with it in the end though! It was my second attempt at a swing card - I shall post the first attempt which was a circular swing which I did for my great niece's birthday. I think this oval one will be for my niece who has a birthday coming up in November. Designed in silhouette studio and cut on the cameo, the cutting file is on the UKS site as usual.